Photo Booth Hire Gerrards Cross
Our luxury photo booth was in action at Gerrards Cross yesterday at the 50th Birthday Party of one of the Hinds family from F Hinds the Jewellers.
They had hired a school in Gerrards Cross and had a mini festival on the go all day and night with beer tents, marquees, bouncy castles, feed vans, ice cream stalls, singers and live bands.
We customised our luxury photo booth green screens to match their 1967 Summer of Love theme and we were busy all night long !
The Hinds family history in the Jewellery and Watchmaking industry started in 1825 when Joseph Hinds opened a clockmaker’s shop in Stamford, Lincolnshire. Joseph’s charges were modest even for those days, with watches and clocks being cleaned for as little as a shilling; and he soon became very successful! His responsibilities also included maintaining the clock in at least one of Stamford’s many famous churches.
By the turn of the century the company was being successfully steered by Joseph’s grandson William, with his great grandsons William, George and Frank joining in the years leading up to the First World War. William Hinds (Senior) died in 1915 and his son George was killed in 1916 at the Battle of the Somme.The remaining brothers – William (who had continued to run the business) and Frank (who had survived the trenches), had different views of how to progress the business. In 1924 they decided to split the company into 6 shops each. Relations between them remained cordial in spite of their rivalry and they retained branches opposite each other on King Street in Hammersmith.
Frank Hinds (1891 – 1963)
It was soon back to business as usual and a fifth generation of Hinds entered the jewellery trade. In 1947 Frank’s eldest son Eric joined the firm, followed by his younger brother Roy in 1950. A year later the firm moved to new headquarters at 194 Goldhawk Road in Shepherd’s Bush, London.The firm continued to expand even though Frank Hinds died in 1963. By 1973 it had 47 stores throughout south and central England. Eric Hinds was responsible for property and Roy for personnel and they shared the job of selecting the ranges the company sold with Ernest Stocks, who had joined at the age of 15 in 1923.
Roy’s elder son David joined the business in 1981 and Eric’s son Neil in 1985; the year when the company introduced a new style of shop design and began to expand again significantly. In 1989 Roy’s younger son Andrew joined, making three family members in the new (sixth) generation.
Bill Hinds, Eric & Roy’s cousin, who had continued to own jewellery shops even after the sale of the W.Hinds business in the sixties, died in 1989. His widow was left with one shop in Worthing, which she sold to F.Hinds in 1990. This was, in some respects, a rejoining of the 2 sides of the family that had parted over 65 years earlier!
In 2013, David’s eldest son Paul joined the business as an IT whiz, closely following by his younger brother Jeremy in 2014. Together they form the seventh generation of Hinds family and now with their own families growing, the eighth generation will soon be keen to join!There are now over 115 stores across England & Wales from Darlington to Torquay and Carmarthen to Norwich. F.Hinds is now the largest independent jeweller in the UK, with nearly 1,000 staff serving over 2 million customers every year. However, the company’s aims have changed little in over 160 years – to offer an extensive choice of jewellery and gifts, while maintaining the quality, value and level of service that you would expect from a family business.